Detailed instructions to maximise your candles performance.
- The first burn is the most important.
The first time you light your candle be sure to let the wax melt across the entire candle all the way to the edge of the jar. (around 1-2 hours) This will help to prevent any tunnelling and will help your candle to burn for the full duration of its life.
- Trim your wick regularly
Your wick should always be kept to 5mm long at all times. We suggest trimming the wick every 3 hours of burn time. When trimming, be sure to extinguish the flame and let the candle cool down to room temperature, remove any of the wick debris then trim the wick before relighting. This will help to encourage an even burn, steady flame and limit mushrooming and sooting.
- Try to limit burning your candle to 3 hours at a time.
- Follow the half-inch wax rule.
Always be aware of the amount of remaining wax in your candle jar. Once the wax falls below the half inch mark (1.27 centimetres), discontinue use. The container could heat up when the flame is near the base of the jar and there is limited wax remaining. Following this rule will help prevent heat damage to the container and the surface surrounding the candle.
Candles are meant to be enjoyed, but it's important to follow some safety rules when burning them:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Be sure to extinquish all candles when you leave the room or before going to sleep.
- Follow the 2-foot rule.
Don't place a burning candle within 2 feet of clothing, books, curtains, or anything flammable.
- Keep lit candles away from draughts, ceiling fans and any form of air currents.
Any form of air current can cause uneven burning, smoking, diminish the scent throw and can even decrease the burn time.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm at all times.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
Make sure your candle is in a place where children and pets can not reach.
- Do not burn the candle if the jar is cracked, chipped, scratched or damaged in any way.
- If your candle is constant (not flickering), teardrop shaped and upright, it means your candle is burning correctly